Promises of the Heart of Jesus
for Nine First Fridays
Those that Live the Devotion to His Sacred Heart
The First Friday Devotion to the Sacred Heart of
Jesus is based on a promise made by Our Lord
Jesus Christ during an Apparition to St.
Margaret Mary. This promise was implicitly
approved by the Church in the 1920 canonization
of St. Margaret Mary. The promise reads:
"I promise you in the excessive Mercy of My
Heart that My all-powerful Love will grant to
all those who communicate on the First Friday in
nine consecutive months the Grace of Final
Penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor
without receiving the Sacraments; My Divine
Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last
Purpose of the Devotion:
to the Heart of Jesus
In order to receive these graces we should:
1-Recieve without interruption Holy
Communion for nine consecutive first Fridays.
2-Have the intention of honoring the Sacred
Heart of Jesus persevering in our faith until
3-Offer each Holy Communion as an act of
expiation for the offenses committed against
this Holy Sacrament.
4-Pray: "O Lord, who in the Heart of Your Son,
wounded by our sins, has deposited infinite
treasures of grace - we pray, that upon
receiving the homage of our love, we have
offered you a sufficient reparation. Through our
Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. Heart of Jesus, I trust
Promises of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for
their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially
5. I will abundantly bless all their
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and
infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great
9. I will bless those places wherein the image
of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and
10. I will give to priests the power to touch
the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall
have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I
promise you that my all powerful love will grant
to all those who will receive Communion on the
First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the
grace of final repentance: they will not die in
my displeasure, nor without receiving the
sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure
refuge in that last hour.
Go to Main Page for St.